- 1/2 package Meat Church Chicken Fried Steak Breading
- 4-6 1/2 lb round steaks, tenderized
- 3 cups frying oil. We recommend peanut because of it's high smoke point.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup beer (We use Revolver Blood & Honey)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (substitute regular milk)
Heat the oil to 350 degrees in a dutch oven or deep, heavy cast iron skillet.
Whisk the eggs. Then add the buttermilk and beer. Set aside.
Batter the steaks
Coat the steak in the chicken fried steak breading. Then dip in egg wash. Re-coat the steak thoroughly in the breading again.
Carefully place the steak in the hot oil. Cook 4-5 minutes. Turn the steak and repeat on the other side or until golden brown.
Allow the steaks to drain over a paper towel on a plate. Enjoy!
Lodge cast iron skillet full of chicken fried steak!