Chicken Fried Steak June 16 2015, 1 Comment
- 1/2 package Meat Church Chicken Fried Steak Breading
- 4-6 1/2 lb round steaks, tenderized
- 2 cups oil. We recommend peanut because of it's high smoke point.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Shiner Bock (we are currently using Prickly Pear cause its hot in Texas)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (substitute regular milk)
Heat the oil to 350 degrees in a dutch oven or deep, heavy cast iron skillet.
Whisk the eggs. Then add the buttermilk and Shiner Bock. Set aside.
Batter the steaks
Coat the steak in the chicken fried steak breading. Then dip in egg wash. Re-coat the steak thoroughly in the breading again.
Carefully place the steak in the hot oil. Cook 4-5 minutes. Turn the steak and repeat on the other side or until golden brown.
Allow the steaks to drain over a paper towel on a plate. Enjoy!
Chicken fried steak with yukon gold mashed potatoes toped with coarse cracked pepper gravy.
Lodge cast iron skillet full of chicken fried steak!