Rotel Cream Cheese Sausage Balls may be our favorite sausage balls. We grew up on our OG Smoked Sausage Balls. Then we kicked those up a notch with our Jalapeño Popper Sausage Balls which were very popular. Now matter which is your favorite, we can all agree they are all delicious!
- 1 lb hot breakfast sausage, uncooked
- 2 C cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 8oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 1 box Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Mix (sub Bisquick)
- 1 (10oz) can Rotel diced tomatoes & green chillies, drained
- Meat Church The Gospel AP
Prepare your smoker
Prepare your pellet grill or smoker at 400 degrees. We used a Traeger Ironwood with hickory in this recipe. This cook is so short and hot that any wood choice would be fine.
Make the Sausage Balls
Mix all ingredients by hand until well combined.
Form 1” balls.
Season with Meat Church The Gospel. Allow to adhere for 15 minutes.
Cook the sausage balls
Place the balls on tray lined with butcher or parchment paper.
Cook them at 400ºF until they are 165 ºF which should take 18-20 minutes.
Remove the sausage balls from the smoker. Allow to cool and enjoy!