This Buffalo Chicken Dip to be one of the easiest and tastiest dips you'll ever make. You can load it up with smoked chicken and you have yourself a hearty dip for tailgating!
I start by smoking a whole chicken seasoned with The Gospel for ~1 hour at 425. I pull\shred that meat to use in the dip. Whole chicken is the cheapest way to buy chicken and smoking it adds a great layer of flavor depth to the dip. Alternatively you could buy a rotisserie chicken.
Meat Church How To YouTube Video: http://bit.ly/smokedbuffalochickendipvideoIngredients
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (We smoked a whole chicken seasoned with Meat Church, Holy Gospel, The Gospel or Holy Voodoo then pull the meat off the bones)
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- Handful cilantro or green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup blue cheese (sub you fav shredded cheese)
- Square disposable steam pan
Prepare your smoker at a temperature of 350 degrees. We are not picky on wood or pellet types for this cook at is not in the smoker long. I went with hickory to maximize flavor.
Either smoked a chicken or start with a rotisserie chicken. Of course we chose to smoke a chicken that we seasoned with The Gospel for ~1 hour at 425. Then we pulled and shredded that meat to create our 2 cups that we needed.
Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Transfer to a disposable steam pan or any pan you don't mind using in the smoker. I like it shallow to maximize smoke coverage.
Smoke for 20 minutes. Top with the optional cheese and garnish.
Serve with tortilla or thick cut chips because this is going to be a heavy bite!