Chicken roll-ups June 20 2014, 1 Comment
- 4 chicken breasts
- 8 slices chorizo (substitute proscuitto, salami, ham, etc to suit your taste)
- 1 large avocado sliced
- 2 thick pieces of Monterrey Jack cheese sliced
- Sliced sweet onion (I prefer the 1015 variety when in season)
- Tablespoon olive oil
- Meat Church Holy Cow BBQ Rub or Meat Church Honey Hot BBQ Rub (substitute your favorite BBQ rub)
- 4 Skewers or butcher's twine
Place the chicken breast flat on a cutting board. With your hand on top of the breast, butterfly the breast open by slicing it from end to end. Be sure to keep it attached. Don't cut all the way through.
Season the inside of the breast with our Honey Hot rub.
Place a slice of chorizo on each breast (2 per breast).
Place slices of avocado, cheese and onion on each breast as well.
Roll the chicken breast up tightly. Secure it with a skewer or butcher's twine. The more you load it up, the harder it will be to contain!
Brush lightly with olive oil and top with our Holy Cow rub!
Place on the grill turning and flipping as you would when you grill regular chicken breasts.
Make sure you get these to at least 165 degrees internal temperature.
Remove, let them rest a few minutes, slice and enjoy!