- 2-3lb Beef Tri-Tip Roast
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 4 Tbsp Meat Church Holy Cow Rub
- 1 Bunch Asparagus Spears
- I Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- Sriracha Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 3 Cups Sushi Rice
- 4 Cups Water
- 3 Tbsp. Rice Vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. White Sugar
- I Tbsp. Kosher Salt
- 7-8 Sushi Seaweed Papers
- French’s Fried Onions
- Trim the excess fat and silver skin off of the tri-tip roast.
- Using a brush, apply an even coating of EVOO to the roast.
- Apply a heavy coating of Meat Church Holy Cow Rub. Rub in to even out.
- At the thickest part of the roast, insert a wired thermometer into the roast and place directly on the grill grate.
- Remove roast once an internal temp of 115deg has been achieved. Rest the roast on a plate, but do not cover it.
- Carefully remove the Plate Setter and open the the top and bottom BGE vents wide open.
- Once the Egg reaches 650degrees, sear the roast for approx. 2 minutes on each side. (be precise)
- Remove the roast, cover with foil and allow a 10 minute rest.
- Once rested, slice thinly against the grain and on the bias.
Prepare the Asparagus Spears:
- Rinse asparagus under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Brush the remaining EVOO onto the spears.
- Sprinkle the spears with the salt, pepper and paprika to taste.
- Grill at high heat until slightly charred.
Prepare the Rice:
- Rinse the rice under cold water several times until the water runs clear.
- Place the rice and water in a rice cooker and start the cycle accordingly.
- Combine the rice vinegar and sugar and heat until the sure is dissolved.
- Once cooked, transfer the rice into a Hangiri wooden bowl.
- Using a rice paddle, slowing slice the rice. Slowly add the vinegar/sugar mixture while slicing.
- Cover with a towel to keep warm. Rice should be fluffy and sticky.
- Using a rice paddle, scoop out approx. ½ Cup of rice onto a piece of seaweed paper.
- Use your fingers to spread out the rice evenly. (Dip your fingers into water to keep the rice from sticking to your fingers.)
- Flip the seaweed paper over. Place several slices of tri-tip on the middle of the paper. Add 2-3 spears of asparagus & fried onions.
- Using a sushi mat, slowly roll the rice/paper tightly in to a roll.
- Use the sushi mat to form the roll to the desired shape.
- Slice into bite size pieces. Approx. 8 pieces per roll. (Dip the knife in water to prevent the rice from sticking and wipe after each cut)
- Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds.
- Drizzle with Siracha mayonnaise once plated.
Serve with wasabi sauce, pickled ginger and enjoy!!!!
Just Da Tip Roll
Reverse seared tri-tip